Refreshing and light; butternut squash, chili and mint come together to make a lovely soup for a Saturday lunch. Serves 4.
Click here to download this recipe in PDF format
- 1 Onion (peeled & chopped)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (peeled & chopped)
- 1 Green Apple (peeled, cored & chopped)
- 1 Butternut Squash (peeled, seeds removed & chopped)
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Powder (more if you like it hot)
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Litre of Boiling Water
- Fresh/Dried Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan, frying the onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add the paprika and chili, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, apple and stock, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Liquidise (partially if preferred) and add dried mint or chopped fresh mint.
- Serve and enjoy!