A vibrant, smoky soup with greens, chickpeas, lentils, tomato, paprika, onion, garlic… This #SoupOnSaturday is full of healthy ingredients and warming qualities.
Click here to download this recipe in PDF format
- 1 Onion (peeled & chopped)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (peeled & chopped)
- 1 Carrot (peeled, cored & diced)
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 Tsp Cumin
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Litre of Boiling Water
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 100g Red Lentils
- 400g Chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 Cup Vegetables(e.g. peas or greens)
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions, and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, carrots, paprika and cumin. Cook, stirring frequently so that the garlic doesn’t brown, for a further 2 minutes.
- Add water, tomatoes, lentils, bay leaves, pepper, and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pot, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and vegetables, then cover the pot and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Fish out the bay leaves, then blend ⅔ of the soup.
- Serve and enjoy!