A light, warming soup, Sweet Pepper and Tomato is the perfect first recipe for #SoupOnSaturday! It’s easy to make, very nutritious, and tastes delicious.
Click here to download this recipe in PDF format
- 1 Onion (peeled & chopped)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (peeled & crushed)
- 1 Large / 2 Small Carrots (washed, peeled & chopped)
- 1 Large / 2 Small Sweet Peppers (seeds removed & chopped)
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1.2 Litres of Boiling Water
- 3 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Fresh/Dried Herbs to Taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan, frying the onion and garlic until translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the peppers and carrots, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and herbs to taste, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend to taste, serve and enjoy.(For an added little kick to second day soup, add some hot pepper sauce.)