To roast the veg
- Heat oven to 180 degrees. Roughly chop your peppers, full onion, carrot and courgette.
- Put into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and thoroughly mix with your hands.
- Spread veg over a large pre-heated baking tray and roast for 20-25 mins, turning once or twice to ensure even-cooking.
To make the sauce
- Soften the ½ onion in a glug of olive oil. Add 1 tin of tomatoes, 2 teaspoons of harissa paste, salt, pepper and a small glug of balsamic vinegar.
- Allow to simmer on a low heat for roughly 20 minutes then use a hand blender to purify the sauce.
To make the cous cous
- When the sauce and vegetables are almost ready, prepare 100g of cous cous as per packet instructions.
- Whilst the cous cous is softening, gently fry the chickpeas and sultanas in a small glug of rapeseed oil.
- Once the cous cous is ready, mix it with the chickpeas & sultanas.
Quickly grill 150g of sliced haloumi.
Divide the cous cous into two bowls, top with the roasted veg, and further top with the grilled haloumi. Serve the harissa sauce in a jug to pour over dish to taste.